Friday, November 28, 2014

Turkey Trot!



There is something about running right before you pig out......something about appeasing the guilty feeling you get deep inside after the ham and turkey washed down with eggnog and followed up by pies and I'm making myself sick. (I don't like brown food though so I had no sleepy turkey hormones coursing through my blood!)
Ok now that I have ENTIRELY run off on a rabbit trail.........

There are multiple runs all around Charlotte, the USA, etc that take place Thanksgiving Morning before all the festivities start and this is/was a 5k and 8k that is run around Southpark Mall area in Southpark, Charlotte. This was my second year running it and, personally, all I wanted to do was finish the race before all the grannies with their strollers. Considering that I haven't gone for a good run in two months, I thought this was a worthy goal.
It was so cold but no rain!  I'm not going to lie, by the time I got to 3 miles in, Madeline and Kristie were still going strong and I was like uggggggg I'm gonna die my ankle is KILLING ME!
(And in my defense, it still is weak after being sprained.....) Mile 4 was hard. And long. And all these slow people kept stopping in front of me.
By the time you get to the last mile, you're SO pumped and you KNOW you can do this and honestly I was pretty pleased with my result:-)
My time was 54 minutes(which is slow, I know) BUT I didn't stop and it felt better than last year.






(Starting from the left) My sister Madeline, our youth group leader Kristie, Ms Serious Runner Anna(also a youth group leader) and me, looking like the dumb bunny I am and looking at the wrong eye contact place:-)

We had our very own spotlight!
we kinda......happened to walk by the t-shirt table and even though you kinda had to pay for the race if you wanted a shirt we.....kinda picked our free shirts up.
(Hey, we worked for it)

I was pretty sure I was going to die after this run, but it was a happy surprise to finish the race AND not have really sore legs afterwards so guess what.........I'm going to go run 5 miles around my neighborhood today!! Cheers!



~If life hands you lemons, throw them at people~


No comments:

Post a Comment