So its that time of the year again......the time when everyone goes out of their way to be nice to other people. The time when being a babysitter has special perks that come in the form of extra money or goodies::D
But on a more serious note, being thankful is one of those things that we, as Americans in particular, tend to take for granted. There are so many things that we enjoy on a daily basis that most third-world countries never experience. OK, I'm sounding like a parent, so I'm just going to stop::D
There is this really cool book, called Ten Thousand Blessings, by Ann Voskamp and it is a really good read.
Its a devotional written by this lady who's gone through some pretty heart-wrenching stuff(I'm pretty sure she saw her little brother killed when she was young, maybe that's from another story.......)
But basically, the book is about being thankful, counting your blessings and all that. The book is a challenge and a dare to find ten thousand things to be thankful about. Seriously!
I am at about 500 now, and I've been working on my list since May:-) Yeah, its a lot harder than it sounds.
I encourage ya'll to try it! You'd be surprised how quickly you can come up with things to be thankful for! Its also a great motivator for those times when you're just feeling down, depressed and blue, because making yourself think of the things that you're thankful for can lift you up pretty quick, once you realize how rich your life really is!!
Promise!
Since Thanksgiving happens to be this week, I'm going to share a few things from my blessing book......
418: Knowledge
419: Capos(guitar stuff)
420: Pick-retrievers(people who possess the ability to remove guitar picks from inside my guitar where I seem to drop them alot:)
421: Kleenex
422: My dad being employed
423: Tents
424: Wii
425: Blessings in disguise
425: Washing machines
426: Hoodies
427: Hot water
428: S'mores
429: Calculators
4:30: Photobombing
So my challenge to you guys is to find at least 100 things to be thankful for this week.
My family Thanksgiving is shaping up to be really stressful, as it always is when *ahem* certain members of my family decide to grace us with their presence. So much fun........
(I actually just flipped through my blessing journal to find that and I'm at 830 blessings and kinda stuck......)
But yeah! Happy Thanksgiving ya'll, go enjoy your turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce(out of a can!) eggnog, pecan pie, peanut butter pie.....
Ya'll mean a lot to me, thanks for reading!!!
~A lot of people like snow. I find it an unnecessary freezing of water~
No comments:
Post a Comment