This morning I woke up at 10:30(which is what I do on Saturdays!! ) with the burning desire to make a mask.
Weird thoughts for a sleep-fogged brain, I know.
But I can explain!!! I saw this idea on Pinterest for getting rid of blackheads and drawing out other impurities in your skin, so I decided that today was as good a day as any to try it out.
First steps; mix the juice of half a lemon with some baking soda.
The lemon juice fizzes up really crazily at this point.
This is how much lemon juice was actually in it; all of the bubbles were just lemon suds:-)
But I needed more baking soda.........
So I brought in the BIG bag!!!
Still a little bit too runny.....
You want the consistency to be like that of a paste
Perfect!
Slather it all over your face really well!!!
And let it sit for 20 minutes(this was my entertainment for the next little while)
It feels SO WEIRD!
This was when the 20 minutes were up and the paste had completely dried on my face.
See how hard it looks?? It felt like a second skin! I couldn't even open my mouth
After I had pulled the big chunks off
And the final product! It worked really well!
So my final consensus, this mask didn't remove all of my blackheads; in fact, it didn't really remove any of them at all.BUT, I have very oily skin, and it made a REALLY good facial cleaner.
I'm writing this at 6:00 P.M. and my skin is still oil free so CHEERS!!!
~Nothing is impossible. Even the word Impossible says "I'm possible"~
Yeah I tried a milk and gelatin mask a few times but it wasn't as marvelous as it was supposed to be. Fresh oil free skin though, which is nice! You look so cute! :-)
ReplyDeleteTheresa
Yeah there's a lot of hype:-) my mom has a mud mask she wants me to try, EWWWWW
ReplyDeletehaha baking soda is my new obsession, i'm making teeth whitening paste next!
And thanks::D