Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Penny for your thoughts



Merry Christmas everyone::D
This post might get long......and wordy.....and perhaps boring so venture on at your own risk:-)
This week I checked out a few CD's from the library to add to the song bank on my iPod(close to a thousand songs now and still 139 GB strong!!! Wooooohooo!!!)
One of my favorite Christian artists, Francesca Battestelli, recently came out with a new album called "If We're Honest" and I'd heard a few songs off it, namely, He Knows My Name and Write your story.
Plus the song Unusual, which is what this post is mainly going to center on.
The song Unusual is about standing out for your faith, in a hostile world. There is so much pressure, from peers, neighbors, music, etc to try to fit it and conform to this world. Comfortable Christianity, my pastor calls it. But you know what??? That's so unrewarding, ultimately! This song really captures what it means to be a risk-taker for Christ, what it means to be the lone one standing when everyone else is sitting, blah blah blah. Enough with the metaphors ::D
Instead of trying to disect and explain this song, I'mma put the lyrics down for ya'll!
*Ahem*

Everybody laughed at you/For doing what you're supposed to do/ Standing up for what is true/ Got your feelings hurt tonight/ You must be doing something right// CHORUS: You're so unusual/ I think you're beautiful/ You're so unusual//Grey is now the status quo/Black and white's not in, you know/ You're the zebra in the pony show/ You wear your faith just like a light/ I'd say you're doing something right//CHORUS// Standing up for Jesus' name/ Just let them call you strange/ I call you brave, unique and set apart/ A masterpiece, a work of art/ Living out what you believe/ Being who you're made to be/ I love to see that way that you are// Chorus/ Oh for Heaven's sake/ You're unafraid and unashamed/ You're so unusual/ What's up with all these shades of grey/ The difference should be night and day/ You're so unusual


Whatcha think??? I really like this song; its catchy(bonus #1) and its so TRUE!!! I try, I really try not to idolize Christian artists, because that does kind of defeat the purpose of Christian music, but I'm a big fan of Francesca Battestelli and this song, and I am so encouraged when I hear this song or when other Christians are bold in their faith.
Bold Christians, reckless for Christ are so needed and I want to be more like that!

(And of course I had to have a photo, since this IS a photo blog, so here's the cover of the album! She's so cute!)


Cheers!!


~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain~

No comments:

Post a Comment