That's a weird title....but yeah, like a lot of ya'll may have heard, my wonderful next door neighbor, Ms. Carol, whom I considered my adopted grandma, passed away Monday, February 2d, in the wee hours of the morning.
She died painlessly, in her sleep, and for that I am so grateful.
She went through so much pain for almost a year due to the cancer and the chemo, and even before that, for a good portion of the ten years that I knew her, she was always in some kind of pain.
She had many surgeries and operations, was on quite a few meds and painkillers and, well, I guess you could say a close end was inevitable.
You know, I am totally at a loss when it comes to understanding my emotions and I.
Monday I was a wreck. Actually, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and for most of Saturday, I was in shambles. Complete emotional ruin.
But today(Sunday) I woke up late feeling amazing.
Basically, I just feel so at peace about her right now. I know there are still hard days ahead emotionally, as we all adjust to life without her and cope with that, but I know she's in Heaven, pain-free and dancing for joy before the Lord.
The funeral, which was Saturday morning, was incredibly hard but I felt this intense peace inside me, because I know/knew that she was/is in Heaven at that very moment, looking down on us and her former body lying there in the coffin.
Today was a beautiful day. I am so happy to be alive and to be a part of this wonderful world, darlings! Its so hard sometimes, but what we, as Christians have to look forward to is so so worth it!!
It makes me so excited to think of how HAPPY my adopted grandma is right now!
I wonder how many of her Christian heroes she's already met. I wonder what they're talking about. I wonder if she will tell them about me.
One day I'll see you again, Ms. Carol! Until then, I'll miss you terribly, but its not a loss as one who has no hope.
Stay strong my loves! God is good:)
:D Yay! You've made it through! WHOOPEEE! okay.. lol that's awesome! I'm so glad you've come to the peaceful end of the valley :) Amen! We have hope!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ruth