I like experimenting with font sizes *childish grin*
I have so many pics that I want t show ya'll, that I don't even know where to start!!
Maybe I should start by actually uploading some new pics **D
Heading towards the city.....I think the tunnel says Fort Pitt Tunnel, which means at some point.....there was a fort??
The skyline! This pic actually turned out better than I had thought
It was a gorgeous, spring-like day.............rare for Pitts.!Ian, taking in the view^ He was overdressed and proud of it::D
So my mom, being the adventure/history buff that she is, decided that this crazy thing called an incline would be a good way to start off our trip to the city.........all well and good for those who call themselves height-happy.
Not so much for those of us deathly afeared of heights.......
^^This really bugs me........welcome TO the Duquesne Incline........sheesh
Folks, the picture does not lie. There are two small cars(one is barely visible at the top, the littleish red smudge) that ferry a max of 18 people at a time, up and down this awful thing.
This whole contraption is about 100 years old and the entire car has a tendency to rock back and forth the whole hair-raising ride.
I could've puked.
About to enter the waiting room....
View from inside the waiting room.....the agony and suspense of waiting for that little trolley car to come back down and pick up the next 18 people..............
That big stadium with the yellow seats? That's Heinz Field, where the Steelers and the Pittsburgh Panthers play.
The view was absolutely stunning, once you make it to the top of the Incline! At the top, you get out and are greeted with a barrage of souvenirs but once you get past that, there is a little museum with Incline history.....and then you step through the doors and (literally) your breath is swept away by the view!
Cool fence
We came up that, now we gotta go down........
The Incline Guestbook........(yes, we signed it!)on solid, level ground once more
this was from an old steamboat
me and my big head, blotting out the entire skyline of Pittsburgh
Andddddd on to the hockey: The Ice Castle, one of the two rinks where they played four games total(only one here)
Bladerunners, where the other three games were played
Simon(my bro) scored.....he does this funny cheer when he gets a goal, hops around in sheer joy. I call it the flappy bird, but he prefers to call it the "Wild Man". Something about sounding more masculine......Finally, we have to go home......hockey's over
Virginia sunsets are so gorgeous!!! Love!
This one was blurry but I kinda like the blurry......looks like a painting!
Random berries
Random kids......oh wait I think I know them::D
There ya go!!! My recent trip to Pittsburgh in 100 photos or less! Ya'll, it was really hard cherrypicking through my photos to share.....want to share them all! But I survived! Cheers!!
~All that glitters is not gold. All who wander are not lost~
So pretty Olivia!!! I adored the photos of the city and the sunset probably the most.very fun trip, thank you for sharing photos!!!
ReplyDeleteTheresa
Check it out.. my bro's playing there this weekend ;D
ReplyDeleteno wayyyyyyyy!! haha the Peewee AA team from my rink had a tournament there this weekend too
ReplyDelete